Explore our digitized Lending Library! The Lending Library is an online educational outreach resource housed in Libib.com, which provides images, descriptive text, and searchable keywords to help you find the materials you need.
The Lending Library encompasses all of the Mario Einaudi Center for International Studies' regional programs, including the Southeast Asia Program. Find out more about the Einaudi Center's teaching materials and other opportunities for educators.
The Lending Library contains books, movies, music, and culture kits to promote the internationalization of course curricula—including more than 1,000 educational books and 50 culture kits. These resources were developed to engage both educators and students in creating a deeper understanding of foreign cultures and languages. The Lending Library resources were prepared by experts at Cornell University and are geared for use by K-12 and community college educators. Visit the Lending Library to search and check out materials.
DUE TO COVID limitations, we have had to place some restrictions on checking out items from the lending library until staff are back working in the office. Feel free to email us your request, and we will see if we can meet it. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Lending Library Policies
Becoming a Patron
- Email us your full name, email, and institutional affiliation, if applicable.
- You will receive a confirmation email once we have added your email to the patron list.
- Visit the Lending Library to create an account with your email, and a password will be sent to your inbox. Use this password to check out materials.
Checking Out Materials
- Any institution, teacher, or individual may use materials for educational purposes and public engagement.
- All resources are available free of charge.
- Visit the Lending Library to search for materials by library or region.
- To select an item, click “Checkout” underneath the picture. If it is unavailable, you can place a hold by clicking “Add Hold” under the picture.
- If there are multiple holds on the same item, the library will organize them on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The hold will be cleared when the item becomes available again.
- You may check out items in three-week increments. Items may be renewed and kept longer, except for culture kits. These must be returned on time due to high demand. Other items, such as books and videos, can be renewed as long as there is not a hold from another patron.
- To renew materials, email us with your request.
- You may borrow any number of items at a time, except for culture kits. Culture kits are restricted to a maximum of two at a time.
Picking Up and Returning Materials
- After checking out, email us to arrange for a pick-up if you live within a 50-mile radius of Cornell.
- You will either pick up from Uris Hall on Cornell’s central campus or the Kahin Center on Stewart Ave.
- If you are not able to pick up materials due to distance or accessibility, we can ship materials to you. Please note, we do not cover return shipping costs.
- Under no circumstances will culture kits be shipped.
- To arrange for shipping, email us.
- You must return the materials within three weeks unless you have requested a renewal.
- Before returning materials, make sure that everything is in the same order as when you received it. For culture kits: Please clean any items that were used and repack the box in the same way as you received it.
- Fill out this quick survey after returning materials to help us improve the lending library.
- You may also visit the Lending Library to rate and review items you’ve used.
Questions or feedback? Email us or call (607) 255-6688.
Please note: If an item becomes lost or broken, it is the responsibility of the patron to pay the replacement fee. Fees vary depending on the item.