Skip to main content


Student Funding Opportunities

The South Asia Program's funding resources for undergraduate and graduate students include summer and academic year Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships for the study of modern South Asian languages.

The Mario Einaudi Center for International Studies coordinates the Fulbright U.S. Student Program and the Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad Program, through which students can travel to South Asia.

South Asian Studies Fellowships

From 2017 to 2020, the South Asia Program provided South Asian Studies Fellowships to scholars, writers, curators, and artists based in South Asia to visit Cornell University for two and four months. At this time, the fellowship program is paused, and we hope to resume these fellowship opportunities in the future.

Co-sponsorship of Campus Activities

SAP provides co-sponsorship  funding to student organizations and Cornell departments planning academic events that support SAP’s mission of promoting knowledge and awareness of South Asia. SAP does not co-sponsor events that are primarily political, religious or social activities. Please send co-sponsorship requests to the SAP Program Manager.

Achieve language fluency with the help of a Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) fellowship.

The Department of Asian Studies provides funding for travel and living expenses for the study, serv
Develop your dissertation on global issues with a toolkit of resources.
If you love languages, our newest summer funding opportunity is for you!
Conduct your international field research with a $10,000 award to support fieldwork expenses.
The Einaudi Center's faculty seed grant program advances international research and education at Cornell and supports international activities and events.
Spend your summer as an intern supporting the Self Employed Women's Association, a movement to empower women working in the informal economy. 
The Einaudi Center's Global Public Voices advocacy initiative, in collaboration with Oxfam America and
Do you need to travel internationally for your short-term research or field work? The Einaudi Center sponsors academic travel for individual Cornell graduate and professional students. If you’re traveling between the United States and a host country for activities directly related to your dissertation or thesis research—or for other academic experiences in the international arena—Einaudi can help you get there.