Luigi Einaudi Faculty Innovation Grant
Application Deadline: March 14, 2022
The Luigi Einaudi Innovation Grant is an annual faculty grant program designed to encourage and integrate innovative research and teaching in the area of European Studies.
Successful applications include opportunities that:
- Promote the interdisciplinary study of Europe and cross boundaries between the social sciences and the humanities in ways that enhance the classroom experience of Cornell students and/or provide opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Bring visitors to campus in conjunction with a course.
- Engage graduate students and undergraduates in research or in implementing project activities.
Tenured and tenure-track faculty, lecturers, and research associates at Cornell are eligible to apply, as are programs, centers, and libraries within the University. Although individual projects are acceptable, collaborative proposals are especially encouraged. These grants are not intended to support conference travel or attendance and do not provide stipends for course development. Proposals including international travel will need approval using the current university travel guidelines for faculty.
- A description of the objectives, activities, beneficiaries, and impact (not to exceed 1,500 words)
- A detailed budget with justification of expenses
- Curriculum vitae of the principal individuals involved
- Human subjects approval, where necessary
Awards will be up to $6,000 and transferred into the awardee's individual research account within their department.
Contact IES with questions about this award.