IES Undergraduate Research Internships and Fellowships
Application Deadline: April 20, 2021
Undergraduates from all colleges are invited to submit applications to pursue virtual internships and research projects focused on Europe.
In a typical year, during the summer or winter, students spend 2-8 weeks of field study in Europe and on their return write up the results of their research, often in the form of an honors thesis. Due to COVID-19 and the current travel restrictions, students will not be allowed to travel. The funding may be used to support a remote internship or research project. Interested students are encouraged to prepare a proposal with the assistance of a faculty or staff advisor.
- 5-6 week internship/project at 20 hours per week = $1,500
- 5-6 week internship/project at 40 hours per week = $3,000
- 8-10 week internship/project at 20 hours per week = $3,000
Funding will be distributed through bursar accounts to be made available for use in Summer 2021.
- 4-5 page project proposal (double-spaced)
- Budget (identify the level of funding requested using the options in the description above)
- 1 letter of recommendation
Contact IES with questions about this award.